Front Cover Cocktail Dress

Wednesday, March 4, 2015


Photo Credits: John Altdorfer/Pittsburgh Tribune Review

I made it a few weeks back, practically larger than life, onto the cover of the Fanfare section of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. It was exciting and embarrassing and frankly, a little surreal to see myself 12" in height, printed on newspaper.

Scandal star, Joshua Malina and myself. photo credit: David Bachman


I attended (and worked) a fundraiser for the incredible non-profit organizaiton that I work for and dressed the part with an amazing dress I bought at the NCJW Designer Days event. Designer Days is a Pittsburgh fall tradition. I go every year and meet up with my girlfriends for wine, gently used designer clothes and philanthropy. I score something awesome every year, like this gorgeous raspberry satin Dolce & Gabbana dress that I bought for $40! I spent less than $20 on getting it tailored to me, re-used my Prada wedding shoes, curled my hair and voila! I make a cover. 

My good friend, Amy Cohen. (She's the yang to my yin). Photo credit: David Bachman


But let's forget about fashion, Dolce & Gabbana and Prada for a second. Really, the most stylish things are larger than ourselves. I am speaking about philanthropy. I support my organization, the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, because I see the good work they do everyday and I know how much they care about the community and their employees. I also support the Carnegie Libraries of Pittsburgh, not only because I go there everyday to write on my lunch break, but also because I believe in the accessibility of literacy and knowledge. What good causes and organizations do you support? Do you go to their fundraisers? What do you wear?





Your Bosom Friend From Pittsburgh,







8 comments :

  1. Congrats, that's major and kudos to you for being so involved with your organization. Giving back is always a stellar look.

    The Style Boro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing dress, especially like it because it's my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Imogen. Love those jewel tone colors in the fall and winter.

      Delete
  3. Excellent help. I will get used to be checking constantly this blog and I am inspired! Very useful information specially the Cocktail Dress section :) I handle such info much. I was seeking this certain info for a very long time.
    cocktail attire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Cocktail Dress!!! I love the dress and feel comfortable to use the Cocktail Dress. Lovely post and lovely dresses suggestion, Thank you very much...

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |