The Legend of Ombre Hombre

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

ombre fur coat, pixies band tee, Meryl Franzos
photo: Joshua Franzos

Happy Spring everyone! I love the spring and summer seasons, but as you will come to learn, I'm not much for traditional spring fashion tropes. It's such a do - goody fashion season. Even as a little girl, Easter-egg hued church dresses always felt like a sorbet colored sham and I wanted them removed from my body as quickly as possible.


via GIPHY

photo: Joshua Franzos

black and yellow, forsythia, Pittsburgh blogger
photo: Joshua Franzos

It's taken many moons, but I've finally accepted the fact that springtime pastels just aren't for me. I've slowly curated my wardrobe to suit my inner bad gal, and it is during the cool, occasionally warm, but not too warm months, where I can mix and match my fall and spring favorites and create some unlikely combos. Case in point, my east coast summer pants and my ombre fur jacket. I have to be honest with you, this week's look is in part inspired by the unmasked villains of the television series, "Scooby Doo, Where Are You!"




Scooby Doo villains were terrifying, intimidating monsters with names like "Ghost of Bigfoot," or the "Chocolate Technicolor Phantom," or "Fireball McPhan" before their identities and scruples were exposed by those dang, meddling kids. Once de-shrouded, they're weren't scary anymore with their big, dumb heads sticking out of a furry monster suit. They fell from legend back down to earth and became people again, people with an agenda that got the better of them. Scooby Doo never did a "Where Are They Now?" episode on the villains, but I hope a large number of them reconsidered their lives, paid the debts for their crimes, and eventually found a seamstress to re-purpose their furry monster costumes into chic furry jackets, cuz I'm seriously feeling that look because I'm apparently a villain myself.

 Let's back up a touch. Sometimes things are so ridiculous, it feels like we live in a Scooby Doo plot line.The Mueller report came out and President Trump has declared himself completely exonerated and White House spokeswoman Sara Huckabee Sanders is on record saying that anyone supporting the "Russian Collusion Witch Hunt" against Trump is guilty of treason - "which is punishable by death in this country." I may wear my feelings for Trump pretty graphically on my sleeve, and not understand the right's undying fealty to the incompetent blowhard, but if any president is suspected of anything illegal, I'd want an investigation. Trump isn't special in that regard. Funny world we live in these days where the checking and balancing that make our country what it is, is now an act of villainy. So if I were to be a Scooby Doo villain, my name would be Ombre Hombre and my agenda would be transparency, truth, and asking questions even when it's not popular to do so. Consider me unmasked. Here's my big dumb head sticking out of a monster suit. You know what they say about shoes fitting? It fits great.
 
photo: Joshua Franzos

photo: Joshua Franzos

photo: Joshua Franzos

Original by Robert pin
photo: Joshua Franzos

nike air presto
photo: Joshua Franzos

ombre Chanel purse
photo: Joshua Franzos



What I Wore:
Ombre Coat: Barney's Original
T-shirt: Pixies band shirt, here.  
Pants: old Ann Taylor LOFT.
Sunnies: Sojos, here. Shoes: Nike Air Prestos (the best, most comfortable running shoes EVER), here.
Ombre Bag: Chanel.
Pin: Vintage Original by Robert enamel flower pin.



 


heart sunglasses, Meryl Franzos
photo: Joshua Franzos

Your bosom friend in Pittsburgh, 














No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |