How to Rock Out a Swimsuit in The Hamptons, Part II

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

photo: Joshua Franzos
Beaches and pools and tennis courts oh my. The Hamptons are a luxurious and beautiful spot on this earth, no doubt. Green grass and green hedges rim every. single. house. beach shack. or mansion.You'd think and you'd expect the sounds would match the venue. Perhaps you'll hear the surf crashing on the shore, or tennis balls ponging on courts, or perhaps ice cubes tinkling in drinking glasses, right? Wrong. Sun up to sun down, you hear the omnipresent WUUUURRRRR of gasoline powered hedge trimmers, lawn mowers, and leaf blowers, because miles of beautiful hedges aren't going to trim themselves.Or at least that was our experience. If you've ever seen the movie It Follows, it was like that for us, but instead of creepy ghost zombies following us, it was landscaping noises. Everywhere. And when the noise stopped, we took collective sighs of relief. I will note that we arrived in The Hamptons eight days before The Season officially kicked off. Perhaps the rich people have the landscaping taken care of before they arrive, so that all they hear are the ice cubes and tennis balls. 

There are some good things about arriving before The Season. Less crowds. Less traffic. And the fact that we didn't technically have to get any beach permits. If you are ever planning on an East Coast beach vacation, figure those beach permits out well in advance of your trip because they lock that shit down tight during The Season. Bureaucracy is sexy fun times isn't it?
photo: Joshua Franzos

Speaking of sexy fun times. How about this hat? I found it on Amazon and WOW. It made me think of Slash going to the beach, or the Playboy Mansion. It made Josh think of a scarecrow and Isaac Chroner, the Children of the Corn demonic child preacher. However way you weave it, it's an intense hat that intensely keeps the sun off your face and has a lot of rock and roll and/or creepy cult spirit. 

photo: Joshua Franzos

Since this is a highly accessorized look, it's perfect for pool parties. Especially for those that like to dip into pools to cool off, but don't really immerse themselves. (Hi! that's me.) Chlorine makes my allergies act up. I'd like to bullet point that this bikini is really very modest, so again, great for a pool parties because then you don't feel awkward and other people don't feel awkard about FLESH. Let's face it, wearing swimsuits next to colleagues, co-workers, or lil Timmy's Mom and Dad that you've only met from PTA meetings but are somehow mutual friends of someone else....can be off-putting. But that stops with you. The only thing that should make other people feel awkward at a pool party is this hat, or that time someone asked you where you got that beer, and you replied, "all things are given by He Who Walks Behind The Rows." (a joke very few people will get)

photo: Joshua Franzos


What I Wore:
Hat: Raffia hat from Amazon, here.
Sunnies: Ray-Ban aviators.
Bikini: Dokotoo from Amazon for $24.99, here
Bag: French market bag from Amazon, here.
Sandals: Gap from Thred-up. 
Bracelets: gifted Chanel, and vintage leather watch band.
Leopard and Gold Chain Scarf: un-labeled:( sourced on Thred-up.  
Beach/Pool Read: Philistines at the Hedgerow: Passion and Property in the Hamptons by Steven Gaines, here.

photo: Joshua Franzos

photo: Joshua Franzos

Note on this swimsuit: (I'm wearing a size medium for reference. I initially ordered a small. Overall, the swimsuit bottoms have a lot of butt coverage (more than I'm used to). The small bottoms fit, but were a little snug on my cheeks, cutting the meat of my hinder into quarters (not a flattering look) so I returned it and ordered the next size up. The medium bottoms were less "butt quartering," but still quartered a bit (an acceptable amount for $24.99 bikini) but then I thought the waist was slightly loose. This would probably be a perfect bikini option for a person with a "column body shape" - Long, lean people that don't have much curves or a waist. I really don't have much of a butt (working on my glute gains tho!) so I wonder if the butt quartering is what happens when you venture into granny bottom territory or if it is exclusive to this swimsuit. Can anyone relate? and sorry, no pics of ma butt.

photo: Joshua Franzos

photo: Joshua Franzos


So, prime days. I was tempted by the instant pot, but I think I want to try this IPL (intense pulsed light) laser hair removal and photo rejuvenation device. As I get older, I seem to get more and more ingrown hairs which are leaving scars because my skin isn't rejuvenating as quickly anymore. Especially the old lady hairs I get on my chin. So annoying. This little device has the laser hair removal feature and a red light therapy attachment which helps minimize scars, sun damage, wrinkles, etc.

Are you a prime member? What deals are you getting today?









Your Bosom Friend in Pittsburgh, 














1 comment :

  1. You look absolutely gorgeous rocking that Actloe high-waist striped halter two piece swimsuit!!!
    I love the wide brimmed straw hat you styled with it too.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |